Tanami Fire Chicken Salad

This dish is inspired by bush spices and bush tukka I had the great fortune to taste during my travels in the great Outback of Australia. Last September when I visited the great continent again, I brought home some exquisite spices. This particular one, Tanami Fire, I bought from Alice Springs. I treasure these spices and use them sparingly - savoring every taste, they are simply fantastic.  I am so enamored by them that I am thinking of becoming a distributor of these spices in the US. But then, I am not sure if anyone else will buy! Will you?

Tanami Fire
Tanami Fire has 30% Saltbush flakes, 20% ground Tanami apples, 10% native Pepperberry, 2% Lemon Aspen, galric, Ginger, Chili flakes, and Salt. More details on these spices in this post.

Tanami Fire Chicken Salad

Poached and shredded chicken - you can use canned chicken if you want.
Celery - diced
Red onion - diced
Parsley - chopped
Mayonnaise
German Sweet Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice
Tanami Fire

1. Mix the sauce - Mayo, mustard, spices, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Adjust quantities to suit taste.
2. Mix chicken, celery, onion, and parsley to an even mix.
3. Mix 1. and 2. to a homogeneous mix.
4. Keep in fridge till ready to serve. I put it on a bed of lettuce and garnished with tomato wedges.

Tanami Fire Chicken Salad

Well, today we are celebrating a great victory.  India won The 2011 Cricket World Cup! This is a great victory after 28 years. Last time, when we won the cup, I was too young to appreciate. This victory is very sweet. I can only imagine the fun a party going on in India right now. We are hosting our own party tonight. Hubby's grilling BBQ ribs marinated in Stone's Levitation BBQ sauce and some fabulous sausages from Sprouts to go with this dish. I will also have my signature Salsa ready. And of course, we have his fabulous home brewed kegs! The Party Is On!

Comments