Russian Kale Chinese Style

Yes, its a funny name. This is a true fusion dish. It so happened that our CSA box had Russian Kale. This was a new vegetable for me. It is heavy like chard and has a slightly bitter taste. I needed something to take the bitterness off. You see I like the bitterness, but hubby's not a fan of it. Also, contrary to what other people say, I use the entire kale and do not discard the stems.

I am going through a phase inspired by the orient, so I decided to marry the Russian Kale with the Chinese flavorings. I used was LauGanMa Chilli. Use any of the products you find there. All of them are good.

Russian Kale Chinese Style

Russian Kale, washed and chopped
Garlic, sliced
LauGanMa Chilli
Sesame seeds

1. In a skillet, heat some oil from the LauGanMa Chilli.
2. Add garlic and let it steam. Do not brown it.
3. Add the kale, start frying.
4. Add some chili bits from the LauGanMa Chilli bottle. Suit your taste. Note, you do not need to add any salt or pepper, the sauce has plenty.
5. Serve with a garnish of sesame seeds. Yummmmm!

Russian Kale with LauGanMa Chilli
I was introduced to LauGanMa Chilli when we lived in North Carolina by friends of ours. I am now addicted to this sauce, and if it is at home, I cannot resist eating it, sometimes just like that. I go through a bottle really fast! The labels on the bottles are not in English, so every time I bought some, it tasted similar but different. I just love it, and believe me, you will too. Go get some!

Comments